Anna University Exams Nov/Dec 2015 – Regulation 2013
Rejinpaul.com Unique Important Questions – 3rd Semester BE/BTECH
EE6352 - Electrical Engineering and Instrumentation
1454246498-EE6352EEIREJINPAULIQNOV.DEC2015.pdf (Size: 234.78 KB / Downloads: 3)
1. With a neat sketch, explain the construction and working of DC Generator and DC Motor and explain each
2. Explain the internal and External characteristics of DC generator
3. Explain the characteristics of DC motors (shunt, series, compound motor
4. Explain the following methods for speed control of DC Motor (i) Armature Control Method (ii) Field Control
5. Problems in EMF, torque and efficiency of generator
6. Problem in speed control of motor
UNIT 2- TRANSFORMER
1. Obtain the mathematical EMF Equation of a transformer and explain each terms.
2. Draw the circuit diagram of transformer and also obtain the equivalent circuit and mathematical expression
for a transformer
3. What are the losses in a transformer? Derive the condition for maximum efficiency
4. What is meant by auto transformer? Explain the principle, construction, working of a auto transformer. And
also explain (i) Step up auto transformer (ii) Step down auto transformer.
5. Problems in allday efficiency
6. Problems in voltage regulation.
7. Problems in equivalent circuit parameters
Unit -3 INDUCTION MACHINES AND SYNCHRONOUS MACHINES
1. Explain the principle, construction, working of an 3-phase induction motor. And also explain the following
rotors (i) Squirrel cage Induction Motor (ii) Phase wound Rotor. Mention some of the advantages of three
phase induction motor
2. How the single phase induction motor bring of self starting. Explain the following types of Single Phase
Induction Motor (i) Split phase Induction Motor (ii) Capacitor Induction Motor (iii) Shaded Pole Induction
3. Explain the Double revolving field theory how it is applicable for a Single phase Induction Motor.
4. With neat sketch, explain the principle, construction, working and types of a three phase alternator
5. 8. What is meant by Synchronous motor ? Obtain the formulae for Synchronous speed. And also explain the
working principle and different methods for starting of synchronous motor.
6. 9. In synchronous Motor explain the following terms (i) Torque Equation (ii) V-Curve Characteristics
Unit IV - Basics of Measurements & Instrumentation
1. Explain the following characteristics of measurement system (i) Static Characteristics (ii) Dynamic
2. Explain the different types and working of strain gauges (i) Wire wound type strain gauges (ii) Bonded metal
foil strain gauges (iii) Thin film type of strain gauges (iv) Semi conductor type strain gauges (v) Rosettes. And
also write the applications of strain gauges.
3. Explain the principle, construction, working, mathematical expression of RTD. Describe the materials used
for RTD along with their properties. Also explain the following RTD Scheme (i) Two lead arrangement (ii)
Three lead arrangement (iii) Four lead platinum thermometer.
4. Explain the principle, construction, working, mathematical expression of Thermistor.And also write the
advantages, disadvantages and applications of it.
5. Explain the following types of capacitive type transducers (i) Parallel plate capacitor (ii) Cylindrical plate
capacitor (iii) Capacitor type transducer as microphone.
6. What is meant by piezo electric effect ? Mention any 4-materials used for piezo electric effect. Obtain the
expression for output voltage and equivalent circuit of piezo electric crystal. And also write the advantages,
disadvantages and applications of it. Explain the operation of piezoelectric transducer.
7. Explain the construction, working and characteristics of LVDT. Explain how the magnitude and direction of
displacement of core in LVDT detected. And also write the advantages, disadvantages and applications of it.
8. Explain the construction, working and characteristics of RVDT.
Unit V Analog and Digital Instruments
1. Explain the following types of Digital voltmeter (i) Ramp type Digital Voltmeter (ii) Dual slope integrating type
2. Draw the block diagram of Digital MultiMeter. Explain its construction and working. How it can be used for
the measurement of (i) DC Voltage (ii) AC Voltage (iii)DC Current (iv) Resistance. And also write the advantages
3. Draw the schematic diagram of storage oscilloscope and explain each parts and its working
4. Draw the circuit diagram of Kelvin’s double bridge. How it can be used for the measurement of low value
5. Draw the circuit diagram of Schering bridge. How it can be used to measure the value of capacitance explain it.
6. Draw the circuit diagram of Wien’s bridge. How it can be used to measure capacitance and the value of
frequency explain it.