1464354385-MANIKANTHASH.docx (Size: 533.12 KB / Downloads: 28)
1.The paper cutting machine is designed, in order to reduce the time for marking and cutting the papers. Geneva mechanism is commonly used indexing mechanism where an intermittent motion is required.
2. The fabrication of conventional Geneva mechanism is generally simple and inexpensive. Because there is no special curved profile on any of the components except straight lines and circular arcs.
3. spring connected to the cutter will bring the cutter back to its original position.
4.The main puThe paper cutting is done by crank and lever mechanism. After cutting, the rpose of this machine is to reduce time for marking the papers. Hence, this machine is working fully based on timing.
1.To cut the paper in accurate and equal dimensions.
2.To reduce the time for marking the dimension in paper.
3.To get the paper cutting machine in low cost.
4.To design the machine in compact size.
The design and fabrication of paper cutting machine using Geneva mechanism is very useful to cut papers in equal and accurate dimensions. Geneva drive is an indexing mechanism that converts the continuous motion into intermittent motion. Due to the intermittent motion, the paper is moved between the time intervals of cutting periods. Then the paper cutting is achieved by the crank and lever mechanism. The cutter will be back to its original position by the spring effect.
The handle is fixed to the crank (sprocket). If the handle is rotated,When the cam pin is in extreme right position i.e. engage position, the crank shaft will be at extreme bottom position. Hence the cutter is in full open position and the spring will be in rest position.
When the cam pin is in extreme bottom position i.e. disengage position, the crank shaft will be at extreme left position. Hence the cutter is in partial cutting position and the spring will be in partial tension.
When the cam pin is in extreme left position i.e. disengage position, the crank shaft will be at extreme top position. Hence the cutter is in full cutting position and spring will be in full tension.
When the cam pin is in extreme top position i.e. disengage position, the crank shaft will be at extreme right position. Hence the cutter is in partial cutting position and the spring will be in partial tension.
Thus the paper cutting is achieved by the above four process of the Geneva and cutter.
1. No need for marking the paper.
2. It will reduce the time for marking the paper.
3. The dimension of the paper will be accurate.
4. Manufacturing cost is less.
5. No noise pollution.
6. Compact in size.
7. Can be used for small scale industries.
8. Can able to change the machine elements easily
1. Can’t able to cut the papers above 15 cm width.
2. Can’t able to cut bunch of papers i.e. more than 5 papers.
3. Can’t be used for large scale industries
1. It can able to use in paper cutting industries.
2. It can able to use in paper crafting.
3. It can be used in many small scale paper industries.
4. It can be used to cut the color papers for designing.
5. It can be used in stationary stores.
The design and fabrication of paper cutting machine using the Geneva mechanism is will be very useful in small scale industries. There are many machines based on paper cutting but it has some demerits like large in size, costly, need skilled people to operate and it needs electrical input. But our machine will overcome this demerits by compact in size, less cost, no need for skilled people and there is no need for electrical input. The design procedure is done for fabricating the Geneva wheel and other elements of this machine. The main aim for this machine is to reduce timing for paper cutting and neglect the time for marking the paper, this aim is achieved in our paper cutting machine using Geneva mechanism.