INTRODUCTION OF CRM
CRM.docx (Size: 23.16 KB / Downloads: 13)
A Peep into the Past
CRM first appeared in 1980s. In the budding stage it was in the form of Customer Information System (CIS). This first generation applications were single function solutions designed to support a specific set of employees. Typical applications were at help desk, sales and marketing department, or a particular function within a call center. Then it shaped to Contact Management, Sales Force Automation (SFA), Call Center and Customer Contact Center(CCC). These CRM applications increased the functionality of the software.
These applications offered inter-operable modules that included marketing, sales, analytics, customer service and call center support functions. Today it has matured to CRM and also Mobile CRM (m-CRM). The term CRM was first coined in early 1990s. It is a major strategic approach to customers and businesses are investing millions of dollars to acquire CRM services and solutions. It is the leading business strategy of the new millennium.
Customer relationship management (CRM) is a model for managing a company’s interactions with current and future customers. It involves using technology to organize, automate, and synchronize sales, marketing, customer service, and technical support
1. A management philosophy according to which a company’s goals can be best achieved through identification and satisfaction of the customers' stated and unstated needs and wants.
2.A computerized system for identifying, targeting, acquiring, and retaining the best mix of customers.
Customer relationship management helps in profiling prospects, understanding their needs, and in building relationships with them by providing the most suitable products and enhanced customer service. It integrates back and front office systems to create a database of customer contacts, purchases, and technical support, among other things.
What is CRM
CRM methodology enables the organization to understand the customers' needs and behavior better. It introduces reliable processes and procedures for interacting with customers and develop stronger relationships with them. The process helps organization in assimilating information about customers, sales, marketing effectiveness, responsiveness, and market trends. Then this information is used to give insight into behavior of customers and value of retaining those customers. The whole process is designed to reduce cost and increase profitability by holding on to the customer loyalty.
A simple installation and integration of the software package doesn't ensure success. It has to be absorbed into the system. Employees have to be convinced about its positive attributes, then they have to be trained. The existing business processes have to be modified. The company has to decide what kind of information is to be collected about the customers, what is to be done with the information, and prioritize this accumulated information. The company must drill into this database of its customers and ascertain their buying patterns, product preferences, the potential for add on sales etc.
To implement CRM, following factors need to be given due consideration:
• - Easy interaction between customers and company, enhancing quick response to customers' request and suggestions
• - Easy access to information about company like content of customization, advantages of the company, benefits doled out to the customers. This establishes profitable relationships with the customers based on mutual trust and respect
• - Abundant supply of customer information which have been accumulated and integrated from different channels
• - Grow with customers i.e. customers' information should be updated along with the passage of time
• - Have cordial relationship with other companies targeting the same customer segment. Thus giving relevant solution to customers' need and increasing acknowledgement to customers
Please Use Search http://projects-seminars.net/search.php wisely To Get More Information About A Seminar Or Project Topic