Important: Use custom search function to get better results from our thousands of pages

Use " " for compulsory search eg:"electronics seminar" , use -" " for filter something eg: "electronics seminar" -"/tag/" (used for exclude results from tag pages)

Tags: Examinations, Regular, Semester, BTech, IV BTech I Semester Regular Examinations,

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
IV B.Tech. I Semester Regular Examinations

.doc  Refrigeration and Air Conditioning 4-1 Set-4 (K).doc (Size: 346 KB / Downloads: 4)

Explain the working of Bell Colemann cycle with a neat sketch. [9] (Unit-I, Topic No. 1.3)
Explain how does the body attempt to compensate for a cool environment which tends to lower the internal
temperature. [6] (Unit-VII, Topic No. 7.1)

Explain the methods that are to be employed to improve the C.O.P of a vapour compression refrigeration
system. [8] (Unit-II, Topic No. 2.1)
Distinguish between dry and wet compression. What are the advantages of one over the other? [7]
(Unit-II, Topic No. 2.1)

With a neat sketch explain the working of automatic expansion valve. [8] (Unit-III, Topic No. 3.4)
Explain how Ozone is depleted by CFCs. [7] (Unit-III, Topic No. 3.5)

With a neat sketch explain the working of simple vapour absorption system. [7] (Unit-IV, Topic No. 4.1)
In an absorption type refrigerator, the heat is supplied to NH3 generator by condensing steam at 2 bar and 90%
dry. The temperature to be maintained in the refrigerator is – 5° C. The temperature of the atomosphere is 30° C.
Find the maximum possible COP of the refrigerator. If the refrigeration load is 20 tons and actual COP is 70% of
maximum COP. Find the mass of steam required per hour. [8] (Unit-IV, Topic No. 4.2)

In a steam jet refrigeration installation, the steam is available at 6.5 bar dry and saturated and chilled water flash
chamber is kept at 5 cm of Hg. The mixture of steam and flashed water at the entry of the diffuser has a quality
of 0.90. Assuming nozzle efficiency 0.90, mixing efficiency 0.67 and diffuser efficiency 0.78 and make up water
at 28° C. Determine,
(i)
Mass of motive steam per kg of flashed vapour
(ii) Mass of motive steam per ton of refrigeration effect
(iii) COP
(iv) COP as compared to an ideal cycle. [10] (Unit-V, Topic No. 5.1)
Explain with a neat diagram, the working of vortex tube. [5] (Unit-V, Topic No. 5.3)

Draw and explain the comfort chart and zone of comfort for year-round air conditioning. [7]
(Unit-VII, Topic No. 7.1)
A sling psychrometric reads 44° C DBT and 30° C WBT. Calculate the following,
(i)
Specific humidity
(ii) Relative humidity
(iii) Dew point temperature
(iv) Enthalpy of mixture assume pressure of atmospheric air to be 1.013 bar. [8] (Unit-VI, Topic No. 6.1)

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please enter the text within the image on the left in to the text box below. This process is used to prevent automated posts.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please enter the text within the image on the left in to the text box below. This process is used to prevent automated posts.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  b.tech examination seating arrangement hema kumar 6 2,726,672 07-03-2017 09:36 AM
Last Post: jaseela123
  MOSHOOD ABIOLA PLOYTECHNIC , ABEOKUTA 2015/2016 SECOND SEMESTER ACADEMIC CALENDAR mkaasees 0 0 08-11-2016 04:10 PM
Last Post: mkaasees
  State of the Art - Novel InFlow Tech - Featured Project Development; 1-Gearturbine, 2 mkaasees 0 0 05-11-2016 02:37 PM
  FORMAT FOR PREPARATION OF PROJECT REPORT FOR B.E. / B. TECH. / B. ARCH. mkaasees 0 0 04-11-2016 02:22 PM
  Mini Projects for B.Tech 3rd Year Engineering & 3rd Year Degree Students. mkaasees 0 0 03-11-2016 02:40 PM
  B. Tech Final Year Major Project (List of projects and project Supervisor/Advisor) mkaasees 0 0 02-11-2016 03:01 PM
  Eighth Semester B. E. Degree Examination, Dec.2014/Jan.2015 Automotive Engineering mkaasees 0 0 01-11-2016 04:09 PM
  ULTRA TECH CEMENT mkaasees 0 0 01-11-2016 12:08 PM
  download sunstar scanner for 7th semester vtu computer science Guest 12 7,691 23-10-2016 05:57 PM
Last Post: Guest
  REGULAR CALL LETTER mkaasees 0 0 20-10-2016 03:19 PM
This Page May Contain What is IV B.Tech. I Semester Regular Examinations And Latest Information/News About IV B.Tech. I Semester Regular Examinations,If Not ...Use Search to get more info about IV B.Tech. I Semester Regular Examinations Or Ask Here

Options: