PGDEGREEEXAMINATION– AUGUST/SEPTEMBER 2015
M.A (POLITICAL SCIENCE)2ND YEAR
INDIA AND HER NEIGHBOURS
1455995780-INDIAANDHERNEIGHBOURS.docx (Size: 15.09 KB / Downloads: 2)
Attempt any five Questions. (6*5=30)
1. What is meant by ‘human rights’?
2. Is this notion accepted universally?
3. How are these values reflected in practice?
4. How did the idea of human rights protection develop?
5. How did the recognition of the need to internationalize human rights protection come about?
6. How was it achieved in practice?
7. How was human rights law created?
Attempt any two Questions. (10*2=20)
8. What are the rights proclaimed in the Universal Declaration?
9. Do States which were not at the time members of the United Nations accept the Universal Declaration?
10. What other instruments make up the International Bill of Human Rights?
Attempt any two Questions. (15*2=30)
11. How do the International Covenants differ from the Universal Declaration?
12. What rights are protected by the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR)?
13. What means are provided for implementation under the ICCPR?