Role of packaging material on Pharmaceutical product stability
What is packaging ?
Packaging is defined as the collection
of different components which surround
the pharmaceutical product from the time
of production until its use
Importance of packaging
• Protect against all adverse external influences
that can alter the properties of the product.
• Protect against biological contamination.
• Protect against physical damage.
• Carry the correct information and identification
of the product.
• Tamper evident / Child resistance
/ Anti counterfeiting.
Functions of packaging
Not to leak, nor allow diffusion and permeation
Strong enough to hold the contents during handling
Additional qualities required