TCS Placement Paper (Technical & HR Interview Question)
After clearing the test there was Technical and HR interview. The questions that were asked are as follows.
1. Tell us regarding your studies and qualifications ?
2. What are the courses that you are undergoing in IIITMK for your PGDIT?
3. What is the duration of your PGDIT? What are the courses that you are having in the final sem?
4. What are the additional courses that you are studying when compared to your MCA?
5. Which version of UML you are using?
6. What are the differences between UML of the current version and the previous version?
7. What are the diagrams in UML?
8. What are public, private and protected in Java?
9. How will you represent them in UML?
10. What is the additional access specifier in Java other than public private and protected?
11. How “default” is different from “private”?
12. What type of diagram is the Use Case? (Is it structural or behavioural)
13. How will you obtain Class diagrams from the Use Case diagram?
14. What are entity, Control and Boundary Classes?
15. What are the models that you use in the Requirement Analysis?
16. What are the different types of testing?
17. What are Black Box and white Box testing?
I had mentioned by hobbies as event management. Moreover I had also mentioned that I was the founder president of a youth club.
18. What are the events that you have conducted?
19. Do you think that you will be able to lead a team?
20. Have you noticed any thing, which took your interest in our web site?
I said, I was very much interested to know about your “SMART-Governance projects”. Being a Central Govt employee having more than 8 years of experience in the same, I think I will be better than anybody else to get associated with such projects.
21. Do you think that the implementation of such projects is on success?
Reply: That’s what I am hearing from my peers and friends.
22. Don’t you think that if people are not accepting your project it will be difficult to implement the same? How will you overcome it?
Reply: Being a software developer for the communication Ministry, I was doing the “Change Management” too. I have been instrumental in implementing our software in different parts of the country, where I had faced opposition from the employees too. I was able to convince them of the software’s importance, how it is going to help them and last but not the least I was able to train them to successfully to use it. ( Thanks to Dr.MukundDas sir for having coined the word “Change Management” for me)
23. TCS won’t be considering your experience of 4 years as software developer. Will you still be ready to work with us?
Reply: Yes ofcourse I will be most willing to work.
24. You may be posted anywhere in the country or the world? Will you still accept the same?
Reply: Yes I will.
With that my first round of Technical/HR interview was over. I was little surprised when my name was also listed among the 7 selected out of 15.
Next day though they told that it is some Validation Interview, Technical questions and HR questions were asked. The interview board consisted of Vice President Mr.Narayanan, Mr.Kesavaswamy and Mr.Thomas. The questions asked are as follows
1. What are the electives that you have taken?
2. What is the difference between IT management and Project management?
3. Why software is called a product? (ref Pressman 1st Chapter)
4. How pricing is being done on a software product? What are the factors affecting the pricing of a software product?
5. What are the models that you use in the Requirement Analysis? (Again repeated, which was asked previous day QnNo.15)
6. Name the different DBMS architectures?
7. What is an RDBMS? How it is different from others?
8. Why most of the softwares are developed using RDBMS when compared to other types?
9. What is Raman Effect?
[ note: I had studied BSc Physics, that is why they asked that. My friends, make sure that you know your basics of your degree before going to any interviews]
10. When I told that Raman Effect is related to “scattering”, they asked me how is it different from Reighlay scattering?
11. Do you know the name of the person who has predicted Raman Effect a number of years before Raman?
12. Whether Raman got Nobel Prize for “Raman Effect” or something else?
13. Why the sky appears red in the morning and evening?
14. If you were asked to improve IIITMK what suggestions you will give me?
15. Being an experienced person if you have been asked with people much below your age will not you be having the complex to work with them?
These are all the questions that I remember my friends, which was asked to me. Out of seven only two were selected, and I am very happy to note that they are most deserving candidates.